How to Clean Skirting Boards
Everything needs cleaning from time to time and skirting boards are no exception. While it might seem obvious how to clean a skirting board, knowing the procedure beforehand can save you time and give you confidence in undertaking the job.
Tools for Cleaning Skirting Boards
* Gloves (to protect hands.)
* Washing up liquid or some other non-abrasive cleaner.
1) Due to the fact that skirting boards can harbour and attract dust pretty quickly, the first thing to do is wipe them over with a dry cloth or some paper towel to get the excess and top dust off.
2) Secondly, fill your bucket with a soapy mixture and use the cloth to wipe over the skirting boards properly. Rinse the cloth in the bucket to keep the cloth fresh (at this point you will probably notice the water change colour – this will be an indication of how dirty your skirting boards are.)
3) Repeat the above step till you feel satisfied the skirting board is clean.
*Tip* Radiators are often housed above skirting boards making them difficult to clean. Take extra care to attend to any space around radiator areas (in fact it may also be an ideal time to clean your radiators as well.)
Once you have cleaned your skirting boards either allow them to dry naturally, or use another paper towel to manually speed up the drying process.
Once clean, hopefully, you will notice your skirting boards shining and gleaming again which is the ultimate aim of this exercise.